Meet Our Team
Drew Forrest | CEO
Serving as the CEO of Pompei, Drew Forrest joined the Pompei team in 1986. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentrating in Marketing, from the University of Richmond, E. Claiborne Robbins School of Business. He has served on the boards of several organizations including:
- Past President of the AGC (Association for General Contractors)
- Past President of Colonial Williamsburg Boy Scouts of America
- Past Chair of St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
- Past Jr. Warden of St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
- Current Board Chair of St. Andrew’s Episcopal School Foundation
- Past Board of Trustee Hampton Roads Academy
Proudly running the business with integrity, Mr. Forrest thrives on developing strategic relationships with customers and meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
Daniel Kunkel | President
Daniel has been in the tile, stone and granite industry for over 18 years. He has served in every facet of the industry, including fabrication, installation, estimating and project management. While working full time, Daniel attended college and received his Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies from Regent University. His skills in estimating and project managing have established him as a trusted resource for owners, architects and contractors. Daniel’s communication and management skills have not only given him the ability to complete complex projects, but also allow him to focus on quality and service to our customers.
His favorite aspects of the job are developing relationships with all facets of the business and seeing a project to successful completion.
Don Sexton | VP of Operations and Safety Director
Don Sexton serves as the Vice President of Operations and Safety Director at Pompei. He graduated from Virginia Tech in Building Construction Engineering with a minor in business. He has been in the construction business for 31 years and began his work in construction as a superintendent. Mr. Sexton holds several training certifications including:
- OSHA Expert (OSHA 30, Army Corp of Engineers EM 385 24-hour Competent Person Course, Authorized Rescuer, Program Manager Course)
- Over 340 job site safety orientations, courses, training and instruction
Mr. Sexton enjoys working with the people at Pompei, from the office staff to the crew. He thrives on the ability to solve problems and come together as a team for the best interest of the customer and the company. Mr. Sexton has been a part of many award-winning projects that have received the National Terrazzo Award. He strives to uphold the reputation and integrity of Pompei.